5-minute tandori naan pizzas: breakfast Apple pizza


Tandori Naan are buttermilk flatbreads baked in tandoor - cylindrical clay oven ( origin: India, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, the Transcaucasus, the Balkans, the Middle East, Central Asia as well as Burma and Bangladesh - From Wikipedia). Naan are delicious by themselves, but also just a perfect base for all kinds of toppings, which makes them ideal for personal sized pizzas. I usually buy mine frozen at my local Trader Joe's for $1.99 per bag of 4 naans. Ask for them at your local supermarket, I know Costco sells them too. You can also order them from Amazon

My whole family adores these beautiful little pizzas and this is always my go-to recipe when meal has to be served fresh, delicious, almost immediately.
For 1 apple pizza you'll need:
1
Tandori Naan

1 apple cored
1 tsp Butter (or creme fraiche)
Handful of grated mozzarella cheese (2 tbsp mascarpone is even better)
Spices (vanilla, cinnamon)
Fresh tarragon for garnish

I love my apples with vanilla, therefore I take a 1/4 tsp per pizza of vanilla bean paste - amazing stuff, so much better than the extract - smells just like vanilla bean. I even took a close-up picture of it to show you: it's literally vanilla beans in a sugar syrup - so good!
Photobucket
and mix it with my butter or creme fraiche and spread it on top of my naan. Next comes thinly sliced apple an a french tart manner, I sprinkle it with sugar and cover with cheese. If I use mascarpone, than I add another 1/4 tsp of vanilla paste to it and spread it over the apple. Next comes the best part: I broil these pizzas for 5 minutes only, NO PRE-HEATING! From cold oven to your plate - 5 minutes even. If I make just 1 or two pizzas than I use my turbo convection oven - tall rack, 500f, 5 minutes, no pre-heating.
Done!

Comments

Popular Posts